April 4, 2009

Victim of myself

I just thought I would tell you about the weirdest impulse I have ever had:

So, Thursday night Justin Smith messages me as usual on Facebook and starts explaining to me a game that the ward guys play in the wash behind safeway. Ok, so picture this- They run around in a marshland hitting/throwing weapons they make out of pvc pipe duct tape and foam. How ridiculous is that! Justin said something about me being a black hawk so I couldn't beat them and me being my father's daughter had to accept such a blatant attack on my ability to totally dominate. So then he says ok fine come over to the wash at 5 and bring some friends. The more people the better. And yes......my curiosity got the best of me and I accepted.

The next day at school I asked my friend Kami what she was doing that night and when she asked why I knew I would really have to sell this idea. I mean COME ON!! This is so bizarre!! I couldn't even think of anything to say that was remotely normal about this activity. Naturally she said no but my friend Bryndee over heard me and was like I would LOVE to do that! It sounds like soo much fun!! I admire her bravery.

So 5 pm rolls around and I arrive at the "Battle Ground." And then I see the weapons..............Holy freakin crap! They weren't kidding about the weapons! There were axes and spears and swords and shields. Me and Bryndee decided early on that we had to stay together. These guys were experienced warriors and they did not think that this was a game. Then we asked if there were any rules. No, you just hit people and if you lose a leg you limp. If you lose both you crawl and if you lose both your arms as well then you are a potato sitting in the rocks and dirt. Great.......that sounds peachy. They told us that today was special because they were going to play capture the flag and I was on a team of people I didn't even know besides Devin. They were trying to find a place and then I suggested that I just put it under my shirt. Even if they did find out it was there none of them would get it. So, pretty much I'm a genius. At first we just picked up some swords and attacked each other and bryndee hit me in the face and then I itched my nose cuz that duct tape is certainly not smooth and surprise surprise my nose is bleeding. I didn't care, all I was thinking was this is going to make a great story- bryndee the tumbler cheerleader who bedazzles everything gave katie the sarcastic softball player a bloody nose. Bryndee was fa-reaking out haha. It was pretty funny I just walked over to this flooded area and washed off my hands and stuff so that I wasn't disgusting.

The Fighting continues and then my friend Alex starts yelling "EPIC BATTLE" lets go. Goodness Gracious what is going on! They lead us to this dinky little log over a bunch of thorny bushes that Nick and Alex fight on. STUPID. We waited till all the guys moved on until we tried it ourselves. Of course Alex and Nick come back and throw a weapon at me and I fall into all the sticks and my foot gets stuck and bryndee has to pull me out. I have the nastiest cuts down my leg right now they are 3d and all bloody and they hurt like nobody's business when you put alcohol in it.

Well, the fun doesn't stop there because me, bryndee, alex, and nick all walk back to Alex's house so that we can help him babysit. And I got kicked out of his house. Haha. I really didn't care because then I wouldn't have to smell like spit-up and change nasty diapers. I knew I would end up being the only one keeping those kids alive. It was actually a blessing.

So here I would now like to tell you all about my extensive injuries that I have brought on myself:
Bruises:
- size of softballs, same spot on each of my legs, purple/black/blue
- Band-aid looking one on my right elbow that I hit EVERY time I pitch....its growing so joey will owe me 100 dollars soon
- size of a basketball on my whole right thigh. NASTY.
- one covers half of my left forearm
- Bruise/welt next to my belly button and I have no idea how I got that one

Other:
- bloody elevated scratches down my entire right calf
- I rolled my left ankle and its swollen
- I practically sprained my right wrist and I have to tape it before every practice
- My ego has been severely damaged as well from all these injuries

2 comments:

  1. haha this is hilarious!!! you write just like you talk. and yes, this is a story i will definately tell to future postarity... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta read "The Hunger Games", very cool book about a survivor girl, totally fitting for your battle! And I didn't "kick" you out: come on, we can't have 2 boys + 2 girls at our house when mom and dad are not home, it's not Mormon proper and your mom wouldn't approve...makin me sound like a horrible person...and the kids didn't poop, so there!

    ReplyDelete